More Pens!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from witz1976

witz1976

So I promised more pens...here ya go :biggrin:

For starters here is a Cigar pen & Letter opener set in chrome with a less expensive version (Picked up at woodcraft) of Exotics Honeysuckle Nights. I reverse painted in white...wish I did black, oh well.

Here is a Cherry Burl in a Black TI Sierra

Next is a discontinued blank from Exotics called "Ghost" The pics don't show it, but it is white with a odd ultra faint yellowish tint with a purple flash that occurs when you spin the pen. You can barely make out the purple, but it is really tricky to photograph. Anyway Ed mentioned he never saw this blank on a pen...so here ya go:biggrin: It is on a satin silver sierra click.

Here is red flames from lazerlinez. Excellent details and not too challenging to assemble. Plus Constant's directions were so easy even I could figure it out on the first go around!

Here is an antler on a bullet kit.

Next is Curragata burl on a Rhodium & Gold Statesman with Lou Metcalf upgraded steel nib! (I put those nibs on all my high end fountains)

Here is a brown mallee burl on a flat top pen. I love this pen for the size which is nice and thin, however I hate the threads & plastic parts. If anyone has a good recommendation for a replacement please pm me!

Another flat top with a nice teal resin.

This was a nice piece of cherry with a good mix of heart & sap wood so I threw it on a loong click.

Finally a spectacular piece of box elder with tons of eyes. This was a non-stabilized piece so it was very very soft, but it came out pretty darn good, I loved the contrast of Black chrome with this piece.

Thanks again for your comments & looking!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Another great batch Dan! You must have a huge inventory. I would like to make more pens, but I think I'm lucky if I find enough time to make 20 pens in a year.

I'm with you Jeff! It seemed at first I was knocking 'em out like a machine, but the more you start going kitless and really going for that "one-of-a-kind" look, the longer things take, for me anyway. :frown: Plus, figure in that LOML wants a little time too.:rolleyes: Gotta keep her happy:biggrin:

seamus7227

Dan, about the pens though! I really like the cigar pen and letter opener! Of course, the others look fantastic too, but the cigar looked good!

wizard

ALL Beautiful Pens!! But the cigar pen does stand out particularly with the outstanding contrast of the wood with the kit! Regards, Doc

witz1976

Thanks for the compliments...I have about 75 pens in inventory so far. About half of them was pumped out in the last 2 weeks of November for a show in Dec. I would love to double this, however I have other things to turn to help build variety at some of the shows. Plus there are a few new ideas I am going to try too.

witz1976

Top Bottom