More Moose & An Arrow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stoneman

stoneman

Got in a day of turning today and finished three pens. The first is a Black Titanium & moose antler cigar using a piece of antler Riley found last spring. My nephew needs it for a friend's birthday. The second is a Black Titanium & Platinum Sierra Vista kit and another piece of moose antler - this one I found (occasionally beating Riley out). I like the two-tone antler, but am thinking it might go better with Black Ti & Gold Ti? The last one is an Easton Arrow shaft, fletched with tiny vanes and set in a holder made from a Conk and a Broadhead. I got the general idea from a posting by Turkhunter back in January when he made a similar stand from an antler and a broadhead. Thanks for the idea. All comments welcome.

200832222556_AP00038PT.jpg

200832222618_AP00036PT.jpg

200832222637_OP00017PT.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stoneman

Thanks Gary. BTW - back in January I think I told you that I used a 1916 aluminum shaft to sleeve between a slimline tube and a 2117 aluminum arrow shaft. Shortly afterwards I discovered that I was in error. It is a 1913 shaft I use as a sleeve. The 1916 wall thickness is too great and the 7mm tube won't quite fit in it. Hope I didn't screw you up with the faulty advice. But if you like the arrow theme, you might want to try slimline hadware and Easton xx75 aluminum arrow shafts (1913 and 2117). They make a decent combination. Also, thanks again for the inspiration you provided when you posted you antler stand.

stoneman

Originally posted by stevebuk

lovely set of pens there, could i just ask, is that a bracket fungi the arrow is sticking out from??
I don't know what a bracket fungi is. [?] But the pen stand is made of one of those hard shell fungi that grow on the side of a tree. The other side of the conk is a pastey white color (the underside as it was oriented before I banged it off the side of the tree).

bitshird

Your dog keeps you turning, all mine ever bring back are some deer leg bones, Nice looking pens, I hope you share the proceeds with Riley [8D]

Top Bottom