More me time.....another custom FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

It's so nice being able to spend some time doing custom pens. Finished this one today. The material is quite transparent, you can clearly see the nib through the cap. Might look nice as an eye dropper. Start on a wooden one tomorrow :)
IMG_1086.jpgIMG_1087.jpgIMG_1088.jpgIMG_1089.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paintspill

thats pretty cool. the transparency is crazy. i think that would explode just looking at it.
i want to ask the same question that someone just asked about my last closed end pen if i may. how do you do your closed end pens.

Twissy

Thanks for your comments guys :)

thats pretty cool. the transparency is crazy. i think that would explode just looking at it.
i want to ask the same question that someone just asked about my last closed end pen if i may. how do you do your closed end pens.

Thanks Marc. I've made mandrels for my custom pens that the barrel threads on to. I turn to size with the closed end supported by a dead centre until I'm ready to shape the end.

Beautiful Pen John,
Superb Blank, Did you cast your own Blank?
Great Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thanks Brian. The material is an acrylic. I do cast some of my own blanks using polyester resin. Unfortunately I find this too brittle for custom pen making. It also doesn't thread too well. At least my PR doesn't! I did make one with somebody else's PR, but the customer dropped it and it shattered so I had to make him another :mad:

Regards
John

Top Bottom