More Lacquered Curly Koa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been playing again, this is a solid end Baron made with curly koa.
IMG_8967.jpg

I have been trying to get my lacquer process down, so this is one that looks like I might be on the right track.

IMG_8968.jpg

This pen has 6 coats of spray lacquer, rubbed out with 8000-12,000 MM wet then plastic polished.

IMG_8964.jpg

It's an even finish that fills the wood grain, I think I like this finish, it took three days waiting for the lacquer to cure.

IMG_8963.jpg

One note, becareful of the edges, they sand through even with MM easily.

;)

Critiques are welcomed please.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by LEAP
<br />Very Nice, I like the way you used only part of the center band. I was up your way Thursday, nice area.

Hi Phil,

Thanks[:)], I like the plain look of the band this way, feels funny to toss away parts with all the mini plastic bags now too.

So where were you?

LEAP

Jim, I was down on the lake across from Shell Park visiting a ship on the PetroCanada pier. I was only in town overnight but might have to go back on Saturday. Unfortunately it was work so I did not have a chance to enjoy a beautiful Ontario day.

Originally posted by LEAP
<br />Jim, I was down on the lake across from Shell Park visiting a ship on the PetroCanada pier. I was only in town overnight but might have to go back on Saturday. Unfortunately it was work so I did not have a chance to enjoy a beautiful Ontario day.

I know where you were....wow, that was close!

You are always welcome to drop by, send me a note if you have time next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom