More Gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ryannmphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryannmphs

Here are 2 more sets of slimline pen & pencils

This first is for my BIL, Black walnut with CA/BLO finish. The slimline is a satin finish.

200518181832_John_Set.jpg

This next set if for my FIL. It is aromatic cedar with a little bit of padauk. This finish is CA/BLO. The reason for the padauk was on the pencil there was some "chunk" out along some growth rings that went too deep, and not wanting to loose this wood, I just turned approx 1/2 of the top off of both and replaced with padauk. The black line between the two woods is ground coffee.

20051818240_David_Set.jpg

Hope you enjoy and as always comments are welcome.

Ryan

Edited to fix file name

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

C_Ludwigsen

WOW COOL. I love the save on the Cedar set. Have you given them over already or will I get to see them in person before you do [:D]?

Way to go, buddy.

PenWorks

Very nice cedar set Ryan, I like the tips as well, nice contrast. That's a new one on me coffee grounds! At least I don't have to save them, I get 4 batches a day. Very nice work. Anthony

G

Nice looking pens and some of the best "OPS"ring work I have ever seen.
Normally when I try that trick they look out of place.
Yours have the look of a well thought out design.

ryannmphs

Thanks for the compliments everyone. For the coffee grounds I take and grind them up so they are almost dust, then I applied medium CA to the exposed tub and around the cedar. I then sprinkled on the coffee and put the padauk piece on.

I have used coffee grounds to fill in voids and cracks on other pieces, sometimes it turns out like another spalt line (if the piece is spalted to begin with).

Sorry Chuck, delivery of the cedar was tonight, and I'm still trying to hook up with my BIL for his set.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom