More double closed-end Barons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

This one is pretty much out there - Afzelia burl base (with blue rhinestone) and Pipemakers plastic body with a Malachite cabochon.
Desk12e.jpg

And this one has a Cocobolo base (with a red rhinestone) and a Macassar Ebony body.
Desk11e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Ed, that Afzelia burl and PME is fantastic! Quite stunning and I don't think it's out there at all. In fact, it's the first organic/synthetic mix I've seen that I liked. [^]

Thumbs

I'm glad we just do this for fun! Not like there's any kind of competition around here.......[}:)][:p]

Although I have to admit sometimes I'm not sure whether some of the work I see on this site is inspiring or disheartening for Klutzes like me!.......[:(][V][;)]

Radman

I'm diggin' your work and have watched your videos and tried some beads myself. Thanks for those. Question... pardon my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the stones you set UNDER the bases of the pens? You can't see them under normal usage. As dense as I am, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious[:p]

YoYoSpin

Tom...the rhinestones at the base of these blast-off desk pens serve no purpose what so ever. Guess I’m thinking that the part of a piece that can't be readily seen should not be ignored, and that the stones are a nice embellishment. Some might take it as an abstract rocket flame.

Bottom line, when you’ve made a few hundred, and you’re running out of design ideas, experimentation is needed.

Skye

I think I know how, but I dont know what the thing is called. Is it the sander that looks like a tube coming out of the worktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom