More Curtis Blanks!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Ok, so I broke down and turned one of those awesome Cactus blanks from Curtis and it turned out to be a very long day:mad: The cold was messing with my CA finish and after 4 different layers it stuck and smoothed out. I can't wait till it gets warmer here in Germany. The other pen is my favorite from Curtis. It's a Spanish Oak resin mix that makes me feel like I'm looking into the creation of the galaxy. Amazing swirls and very rich. I think I could make 1000 pens with these blanks and never get tired.:biggrin:

5290484601_06d792b739_z.jpg

5290484853_ce75d95680_z.jpg

:usflag:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

Tim I bought a few of the Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre but have not used them yet. They look great with Curtis's cactus and the Spanish Oak!!

wiset1

Toni, overall they feel nice and have a good weight when put together, but the larger cap poses an issue when looking for box inserts. Not an issue I guess if you use a basic leather box. I'm thinking of doing a couple of the Deco ones with the smaller cap. Pretty nice kit though, you'll be happy

ctubbs

Tim, that is two awesome pens. I could look into that Spanish Oak pen all day. You did a very good job on them both. Merry Christmas to you and yours and hurry back state side.
Charles

wiset1

Thanks Larry, it seems that I get emotional every time I get an order of his blanks in. These are amazing little diamonds just waiting to be shaped and brought to life. I can't say enough about his blanks...

Thanks Curtis, and thank you Larry for the feedback

wiset1

Aloha Chris and thanks for the feedback. Hope to make it to Hawaii at one point in my life to say that I've surfed there. Did ESA when I lived in Florida and always had the dream of seeing the beauty of the islands. I hear it's like the best place to be!?

wizard

Tim, Those are both beautiful and stunning pens! I especially like the one with the Spanish Oak and Resin. It truly looks like you are looking at a nebula or another galaxy.
You did an outstanding job Tim and you definitely are an artist! Warm Regards, Doc

Top Bottom