More Carpenter Pencils, Thanks to IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I needed another batch of carpenter pencils, these things sell real good for me. Luckily I went 4 for 4 last night [:p]

Thanks to IAP and its membership, they had something to do with all of these pencils ;)

Cocobolo-trade with waynes-Enduro finish
Red Mellee-from Lee Trees, Enduro finish
Spalted Tamerind-stabilized at River Ridge, Mylands friction
Lignum Vitae-from Ilikewood-CA finish

Thanks guys and thanks for lookin, Anthony

2005310162259_DSC00135.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful pencils, Anthony. They're the only pencils I make. It's great to think back over the many friendships that continue to our craft.

wayneis

Good job again Anthony, but this goes even further because I got that cocobolo from Ilikewood originally then traded it to you. When it comes to cocobolo, no one has it like Bill, aka Ilikewood. I Only buy it from him.

Wayne

ilikewood

I have traded with WayneS several times and have always been more than satisfied. It is a great way to increase your wood collection and see some things you might not see.

If people get the chance, trade wood with others (Come on...don't be stingy with that fantastic woods you might have [:D])

rtgleck

What Great looking pens. Very nice job.

*EDIT ---- When you type and read it fast enough it looks like Pencils that I Typed. Yep I saw them and was to busy going to look to buy some that I didn't proof read.[:I]*

btboone

Anthony, when using one of those, how do the carpenters keep the lead from wearing to a full lead diameter? Is there a sharpener, or do they not use them sharp?

PenWorks

Bill, stingy, you bet [:D]
Okay Randy, did you really look? There pencils not pens [:D]
Bruce, there is a sharpener in the cap, works pretty good to [:)]

Deere41h

Anthony.....I love seeing your work. I am always impressed with your skill. And you always give me ideas of things to do. Hope you don't mind that I have put some of your pictures on my computer so I can refer back to them. I always add you name to them so I know where they came from. Please keep showing us your work!!!

PenWorks

John, all my photos are copy writed. So I figure you owe me in the neighborhood of about $1,500.00 [:D] If you don't have it, a bottle of tequellia will do. [:D] Thanks for the comments.

Another tip about those pencils, you can find different color crayons or wax markers to put in them. You can even find ball pens that fit in there as well.

GregD

Nice pencils Anthony. I have thoughr about making some but as uaual I'd lose them. I'll bet I've got 100 pencils floating around the shop and can't find 1 of them.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by penworks
<br />John CS has them "carpenter pencil" just drill and turn, no tubes, you CA the mechanism in.

When you say CS do you mean Craft Supplies?

Try as I might I think I'm having brain cramps this morning as I cannot find them. Could someond help this poor old man out and give me a point in the right direction.

Thanks.

&lt;edit&gt; I found it. It's listed as a Woodworkers Pencil.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-5000

Thanks guys, Looks like something I need to try.o0(wonder if I can do it in denim)

PenWorks

Sorry Mudder, that's the one, carpenter, woodworker, it is all the same. If they called it a jewelers pencil, Bruce would probablly buy some. LOL OOOpps, I saw you found it. Well.... good morning.

Anthony

Rifleman1776

Anthony, nice pencils. And thanks for posting that information. You say they sell well, that's good to know. Couple questions: do you ever sand them flat on one side to prevent rolling? Are replacement leads readily available in local stores? You used lignum vitae for one of them, that's got to be the most valuable carpenters pencil in history. [:)]

PenWorks

Frank, that is a good idea about flat siding it. But I would rather have it roll off the table and pick it up. [:D] I did think about attaching or gluing or carving or something like a nice little tit on it to keep it from rolling, but nobody has ever seem to bother about that aspect when they buy them.

The Lignum Vitae was pretty reasonable, I got it from Ilikewood when he posted some for sale, you guys were sleeping. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom