More of Bill B's stuff..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Here are two more pens from wood I got from Bill at Arizona Silhouette... both are 10K Executive Roller Ball kits that CSU sells.. I really like these kits and they are easy to convert to fountain pens.. just change the point sections... my customers like them too... they sell well for me... a nice size pen for both men and women to write with... ~ both photos are a bit darker than the actual pen

Curly Caramel Maple
Finish is BLO sanded in at 400grit, then CA and MM to 12000, followed by TSW and Renaissance Wax
</u>
20041219184636_CaramelCurlyMaple.jpg

Stabilized Curly Honduras Mahogany (one of the freebies I got from him)
Finish is sand to 400 grit, then CA and MM to 12000, followed by TSW and Renaissance Wax
</u>
20041219184718_CurlyMahogany.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
TSW first, let it dry on the lathe for about a minute (it will dull a bit so you will know) and then buff at high speed with on old tshirt, then a light coat of Renaissance Wax let dry a minute and buff again with a tshirt at high speed, all on the lathe..

Fred in NC

Tom, the results are great....

Judging from the number of pens you are turning, you must be using a lot of old tshirts. Where in the world do you get so many of them?

PenWorks

Very beautifull pens Tom, I wish the Mahogany I was working with on the pen project looked like that! I would have enjoyed it more. Great job. Anthony

jkirkb94

Beautiful pens Tom. I really like the freebies that I have gotten from Bill! Very high quality blanks. Same high quality with the ones I have gotten from David also. Thanks for the tips on your finishes. As always I am looking to refine my finishes and techniques. Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom