EddPoliResin#8...my favorite so far:
MyResin8a.jpg

EddPoliResin#9...not enough filler, brass poking through:
MyResin9a.jpg

EddPoliResin#10:
MyResin10a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I like your colors, Ed. And the pens are very nicely done. Are you using polyester resin? Dyes for PR? Luster Powder(filler)...I have tried some colors(dyes for PR) but not happy with my results. maybe I need more luster powder. Don't like acrylic paint pigment as a colorant (which is what I used first). Thanks for sharing....when is the article going to be published ;-)
Do a good turn daily!
Don

YoYoSpin

Don,

Yes, these are Polyester Resins; and I'm following Jay Pickens' process pretty much as written. The only exceptions are, in some cases I'm mixing in other Douglas & Sturgess "Powdered Pigments†like the "Duochrome BG" (EPR#10) and the "Luster Pigment" called "Supersparkle" (EPR#8). Between the powder pigments and these concentrated liquid dies, there are literally thousands of color and texture combinations that you can come up with. I’m very happy with the process that Jay’s documented...having a ball experimenting with all these variables.

Here's a link to Jay's write-up: http://www.penturners.org/content/PR_Instructions.pdf

its_virgil

Thanks Ed,
i have just received some dye from Douglas and Sturgess and the supersparkle luster powder. I also am following Jay's insturctions so maybe my next castings with the "authentic" dyes and colors will be more to my liking. Thanks for the help.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Fleabit

Excellently done on all of the pens! The resins are turning out better and better (though the first ones where good too). Great set of pens.

AdamB

even though I have never been a fan of beads on a pen.... Those are well done, and attractive.

elody21

EYE CANDY,EYE CANDY, EYE CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must get back to casting resins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom