More antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from booney0717

booney0717

I've been having a blast working with antler latley. Today i was thinking of how to use the tips and other scraps and this is what i came up with. I used the tip sections and turned a slimline. Also a first for me is the center ring i thought it would look good in antler too. Turned out pretty nice. I think next i'm gonna try and make the final in antler. Do ya think it's possible to turn the nib? I'm kinda thinking it may be too brittle for a nib.
Kevin!

Attachments

• antler slimline 2 017.jpg
    antler slimline 2 017.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 121
  • antler slimline 2 016.jpg
    antler slimline 2 016.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 120
  • antler slimline 2 018_crop.jpg
    antler slimline 2 018_crop.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 112
  • antler slimline 2 022.jpg
    antler slimline 2 022.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 119
I really like that center band. It allows you to keep the pen larger and still look right. Very nice. I don't have an answer to your other questions but you should try and see what happens.

Janster

" Do ya think it's possible to turn the nib?"

Absolutely, use one of the "tips". I have some that are prime candidates to use as nibs if I wanted to do that! IMO, one needs a contrast somewhere in the pen to bring some POP. That is why nearly evey kit contains a center band or a band near the center, be it on the top of the lower barrel or the bottom of the top barrel. Give it a go, it may be very nice. Useing antler , perhaps dye the tip or center band? Be well......Jan

Top Bottom