Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glen Schumann

Glen Schumann

Six Cigars (these are my first of those): the first three kits were from WC and the other three from CSUSA. I used Shellawax on the Purple Heart and Padauk (four applications; as much heat build up as I can stand) but Wood Turner's Finish on the other four wood blanks. I think I like WTF especially now that I have a rack which allows me to finish them out of the shop while dust continues to be made in the shop. WTF goes on in 6 or more coats with Abranet 600 after the first two grits and then MM 4000 between each of the remaining coats. The African Blackwood required freshly sharpened tools. The two mystery woods came from a gift bundle of blanks from a nephew; if any one recognizes what they are please chime in. The last pen is a Wall Street II with a turquoise TruStone blank. My wife is in love with this pen; I hope she is typical! Your input on the pens or photography would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMGP2071 Etsy Handmade Cigar Pen Gun Metal Purple Heart.jpg
    IMGP2071 Etsy Handmade Cigar Pen Gun Metal Purple Heart.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMGP2072 Etsy Premier Cigar Pen Black Titanium Padauk.jpg
    IMGP2072 Etsy Premier Cigar Pen Black Titanium Padauk.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMGP2083 Etsy Premier Cigar Pen Black Titanium Black White Ebony.jpg
    IMGP2083 Etsy Premier Cigar Pen Black Titanium Black White Ebony.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMGP2084 Etsy Handmade Artisan Cigar Pen Gold African Blackwood.jpg
    IMGP2084 Etsy Handmade Artisan Cigar Pen Gold African Blackwood.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 220
  • IMGP2095 Etsy Handmade Artisan Cigar Pen Gold Mystery Burl.jpg
    IMGP2095 Etsy Handmade Artisan Cigar Pen Gold Mystery Burl.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 211
  • IMGP2096 Etsy Handmade Artisan Cigar Pen Gold stained mystery oak.jpg
    IMGP2096 Etsy Handmade Artisan Cigar Pen Gold stained mystery oak.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMGP2107 Etsy Handmade Wall Street II Twist Pen Black Titanium Turquoise TruStone.jpg
    IMGP2107 Etsy Handmade Wall Street II Twist Pen Black Titanium Turquoise TruStone.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Six Cigars (these are my first of those): the first three kits were from WC and the other three from CSUSA. I used Shellawax on the Purple Heart and Padauk (four applications; as much heat build up as I can stand) but Wood Turner's Finish on the other four wood blanks. I think I like WTF especially now that I have a rack which allows me to finish them out of the shop while dust continues to be made in the shop. WTF goes on in 6 or more coats with Abranet 600 after the first two grits and then MM 4000 between each of the remaining coats. The African Blackwood required freshly sharpened tools. The two mystery woods came from a gift bundle of blanks from a nephew; if any one recognizes what they are please chime in. The last pen is a Wall Street II with a turquoise TruStone blank. My wife is in love with this pen; I hope she is typical! Your input on the pens or photography would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

:wink::wink: Great workmenship !! I also like the turqouise Wall Street. You seem to have a yellow tint to your photos, are you by chance using flourecent bulbs ?? Peace !! Jim S

Last edited:

Glen Schumann

:wink::wink: Great workmenship !! I also like the turqouise Wall Street. You seem to have a yellow tint to your photos, are you by chance using flourecent bulbs ?? Peace !! Jim S

Jim,

Thanks for the nice comment. I am having a problem with photos. I think it is the color balance. The bulbs are actually two halogens and an incandescent. My understanding is these are all in the same Kelvin temp range. I'm thinking of picking up some of the 55500K CFL bulbs to see if that will help.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom