More "Worthless Wood"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Here is a "Statesman II Rollerball made from Curtis's Algarita "Worthless Wood" pen blanks"
I had to work to get that shine---shop is getting cold---LOL
Thanks again

20071124135021_rootone.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />Thanks---it is down in the low 20's here this morning.
Wuss! Come on, suck it up Suzie, Real turners can handle temps down into the single digits before even putting on a sweater![:D]

Your algirita came out as nice as mine, aren't they nice looking? Mine hasn't sold yet but at two craft shows I did, more people picked up that pen more than any other.

By the way, it's OK to call it a Statesman here because we're all friends, but I wouldn't try and sell it as a Statesman. Some savy buyer will quickly tell you that it is really a Jr Gentleman instead.[:0]

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Dustin,

I wrote a tutorial describing my process for casting wood that is pretty much worthless due to cracks, voids, and other defects. I named the tutorial "Wothless Wood?" and it has stuck to describe blanks that have used my process. Here is a link to the tutorail on my website: http://builtbydoc.com/penturning_resources.htm

bitshird

Very nice job, great color combo.
Good Worthless Wood is getting hard to find, I know where there are some disease ridden Oaks that are falling apart, I may just go see whats there.
Ken Ferrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom