MOP Hybrid Black Ti Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
For the last two weeks I've been working nights for a client in London and the client's man on site has really been 'getting his hands dirty' by helping me get the job done. :biggrin: So when we finished at 3am this morning I shot home ( 600mile round trip ) and just made this for him. Our last shift is tonight so I need to get going back soon.:redface:
Anyway...( and this is not racist ) the guy is black and wears more bling that Mr T. So I hope he likes this...:biggrin: He has a black BMW convertable with a MOP gear shift knob!!!

Attachments

• MOPHyCigar.jpg
    MOPHyCigar.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 426
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OMG!!

It's COMPONENTS!!!

What have you done with Skippy????? He doesn't use KIT stuff????

(Nice job, Steven!):biggrin::biggrin:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
600 miles to make a pen? :eek:

That MOP looks great in the black. And the toned down plating doesn't
upstage the blank. Nice work!

PR_Princess

Kilometers maybe?

Pen components £ xx.xx, Pen blank £ xx.xx..
Round trip to get 'er done and back...Priceless.:wink:

Nice work Steven...and a wonderful gesture!!

arw01

Looks great and he will LOVE it.

I hope that was a train for 600 miles! Too bad you cannot get your lathe in carry on!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:redface::redface: Just arrived back at site. Saturday night in rainy London is £$^&** !!!
288 Miles door to door plus detours for nighttime motorway road works = approx 600. ( LOL, that's what I'm booking on my exspenses anyway :wink:)AAAARGGHH !!! Who want's my job?

I guess the blank could be abalone, but I thought that abalone was a shell and the shiny stuff inside was called mother of pearl for the inside of all shells? :confused:

Thanks for comments:biggrin:

PS, Charlie it was you that gave me this cigar kit. I'm still wading my way through all the stuff you sent. Even my Pith pen was made with your stuff :) Thanks!!!

Just found this on the web...don't know how true it is.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'Mother of pearl refers to the iridescent substance forming the lining of the one-piece shells of certain fresh and salt water mollusks including mussels, oysters, and snails. When young, the mollusk creates the walls of its "house" by means of layer upon layer of secretions. These secretions form the beautiful, rainbow-colored shell we call mother of pearl. The type of animal and environment in which it lives influences the color and form of the shell. The names mother of pearl and abalone are often used interchangeably, when in actuality abalone is a variety of gastropod mollusk (also called ear shells or sea ears) that inhabits the shell which is lined with mother of pearl.' [/FONT]

Last edited:

hewunch

OK Skip, I was under the impression that MOP was either White or Black and that Abalone was green, blue, pink etc etc. I stand (or at present sit) corrected :)

jasontg99

Fantasic looking pen, Skip. By the way, is the rat still traveling his way around the world? Does he want to come to Japan? Although...I am not so sure I want to be posting pics of a headless rat working the lathe.

Jason

Daniel

Amazing Skip, the pen and the effort. Sounds like it will suit the guy just fine. in case you ever want to send me something I am more of a gold and diamonds sort ;)

Top Bottom