Moose Shed Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Short story----Blanks are from Steve in Vermont who has a dog (Riley) that hunts for the Moose sheds. Our PC's have been down but I really wanted to get this pic up. Thanks for the Antler -- The pens stands are just a "Nice Touch"---the bases are made of Flat slabs of Moose antler and Cedar Burl.

Attachments

• moose.jpg
    moose.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 316
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stoneman

Gary,

Nice job. I'm glad the pieces worked for you. BTW if you don't mind sharing, what did you use as holders in the antler to hold the pens?

Oh yeah, Riley actually belongs to my son, Levi. I did train him however (Riley, not Levi) using a method refined by Jerry Carlson of Nekoosa, WI. http://www.deersheddog.com/index.htm

Last edited:

Woodlvr

Beautiful work Gary. Where did find pen holders big enough for the EB? I do not think that I have ever seen Cedar Burl before, iw it local to your area? Keep up the nice work.

Gary Max

The high tech pen holders----short piece of steel---I hate wasteing money it just adds to the cost of the product.
Cedar Burl-------yup-- very rare----I sliced the whole thing into slabs like you see in the pic---it's been drying for a couple of years---or----I forgot about it and found the slabs under a inch of dust last week.:biggrin:

Top Bottom