Moon-glo Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a Black Ti Cigar kit with one of my Moon-glo blanks . I love this pen , it's soooo cool . Enough said , what do you think?

1_moonglocigar.jpg

This is the Moon-glo part .

1_moonglocigar2.jpg

As always , comments welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I might sound like a jerk when I say that as I was looking at the first picture, I was thinking that I just did something like that on accident. but then I scrolled down. that is totally killer. nice work. I don't suppose you'd tell us what you used to make those?

USAFVET98

This is a Black Ti Cigar kit with one of my Moon-glo blanks . I love this pen , it's soooo cool . Enough said , what do you think?

1_moonglocigar.jpg

This is the Moon-glo part .

1_moonglocigar2.jpg

As always , comments welcome .

Awsome pen butch. Do you know where I could get moon-glo blanks? I keep checking glimmerz n more but they never seem to have them. Let me know, I really want to try that out.
Great job on yours.

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everybody . The glow is awesome , I took that picture with the lights out and the camera on full auto exposure . The material that I'm using glows really bright for about 15 minutes then slowly looses brightness . The manufacturer claims that the glow lasts 8 hours for the blue but I find that it really only lasts about 2 hours at an acceptable brightness but in a dark room with your eyes dark adapted you can still see it after 4 hours , never tried any longer .
This stuff is not the glow in the dark paint that use to be available , this is a new formula that is used in making emergency exit signs and markings and comes in several colors . It is sold as being "Non toxic and non radioactive" , the MSDS seems to back up that claim so I'm assuming they are telling the truth .

USAFVET98

Thanks for the kind words everybody . The glow is awesome , I took that picture with the lights out and the camera on full auto exposure . The material that I'm using glows really bright for about 15 minutes then slowly looses brightness . The manufacturer claims that the glow lasts 8 hours for the blue but I find that it really only lasts about 2 hours at an acceptable brightness but in a dark room with your eyes dark adapted you can still see it after 4 hours , never tried any longer .
This stuff is not the glow in the dark paint that use to be available , this is a new formula that is used in making emergency exit signs and markings and comes in several colors . It is sold as being "Non toxic and non radioactive" , the MSDS seems to back up that claim so I'm assuming they are telling the truth .

Butch,
It loses its glow for good?

ldb2000

Butch,
It loses its glow for good?

No it can be recharged over and over for more then 5 years and has a shelf life of 10 years according to the manufacturer .
It can be recharged in sunlight for 5 to 10 min , black light for 10 to 15 mins and regular incandescent light in 20 to 30 mins for a glow time of up to 8 hours , but as I said I find the acceptable glow time to be about 4 hours .
I have been using this stuff for about 6 months and can tell you that being a novelty the pens sell great but you need to take some pictures of the glow for people to see what it looks like in the dark .

USAFVET98

No it can be recharged over and over for more then 5 years and has a shelf life of 10 years according to the manufacturer .
It can be recharged in sunlight for 5 to 10 min , black light for 10 to 15 mins and regular incandescent light in 20 to 30 mins for a glow time of up to 8 hours , but as I said I find the acceptable glow time to be about 4 hours .
I have been using this stuff for about 6 months and can tell you that being a novelty the pens sell great but you need to take some pictures of the glow for people to see what it looks like in the dark .

Did you get my message on the other thread? I would like three, just pm me the total and paypal info.

ldb2000

Got it Brian , will PM you when they are ready to ship , it will be a few days , I got more orders then I was expecting and I have several pen orders that have to be filled as well .

USAFVET98

Got it Brian , will PM you when they are ready to ship , it will be a few days , I got more orders then I was expecting and I have several pen orders that have to be filled as well .

No problem, take your time.
If you want one of those Birds eye maple blanks I have, let me know, and I will send it out on monday. They look just like the one I turned with beautiful character.

Brian

rdunn12

Cool Butch!I love it.Great work on that one man.I can't believe it,you used a kit!Have you made a kitless pen with one of those blanks?

Last edited:
Top Bottom