Monticello blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

I visited Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson, last year with my family. While touring the grounds, I noticed several stacks of wood that was trimmed from the trees. To the embarassment of my family, I inquired of the accessibility of some. You might think I asked for the key to Fort Knox. I had to submit a request in writing and received a small box of willow a few weeks later, along with a letter of acknowlegement, that it is indeed from Monticello. I sealed it immediately and let it sit.
This is a pen I made for a young person whose parent found out I had some wood from there and wanted a memento of their visit. I did the best I could of a rather unexciting wood, while leaving it in a natural state.

Attachments

• IMG_1050 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1050 - Copy.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Good job with the wood you had . It looks like it has some character , next time try it on a more blingy kit like a Majestic Squire to accent the wood .
The wood has a history which is the improtant thing .

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Some of the most treasured things are so because of the STORY behind them. How great to be able to make some keepsakes from that wood. I think that piece is beautiful. Great job!

CaptG

Great pen Glen, it is a very good thing when you can make a pen with a story and history behind it. Usually helps with the price to.

Top Bottom