Money from Woodturningz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

This is one of the new money blanks from Woodturningz.

Black Ti and Platinum Sierra. I like the color combinations.

Comments / Critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Money Sierra 1.jpg
    Money Sierra 1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Money Sierra 2.jpg
    Money Sierra 2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 316
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

It looks as though you did a really nice job on that money blank. I turned one of those from Woodturningz the other day. It was inlace acrylester and I found it to be a bit difficult to turn....it was much harder than the polyester resin blanks I make. But, I finally finished it and it made a nice pen. What was your impression of the blank if it was inlace acrylester? Did you find it a bit hard or is it just me? Anyway, yours looks really great and the kit choice is also excellent.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

This is one of the new money blanks from Woodturningz.

Black Ti and Platinum Sierra. I like the color combinations.

Comments / Critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking.

THarvey

It looks as though you did a really nice job on that money blank. I turned one of those from Woodturningz the other day. It was inlace acrylester and I found it to be a bit difficult to turn....it was much harder than the polyester resin blanks I make. But, I finally finished it and it made a nice pen. What was your impression of the blank if it was inlace acrylester? Did you find it a bit hard or is it just me? Anyway, yours looks really great and the kit choice is also excellent.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I did not find it any harder to turn than other inlace acrylester blanks. I did stone my skew a couple times during the turning.

I like the density of the currency material in the blank. I was a little concerned with turning a sierra, since the blank would be so thin.

The acrylester seemed to have more bubbles that PR and Aluminite money blanks I have turned.

I have turned blanks made by Eugene (ElMonstro) and Johnny (Jarheaded) without finding a single void.

The Acrylester I had to wet sand to 12000 MM, clean to remove the dust from the bubble holes, CA to fill holes, then MM to 12000.

its_virgil

That was the first inlace acrylester blank I've turned. I also found a few small bubbles but filled them with CA. I don't usually wet sand acrylics anymore but I will try wet sanding on the other half. I too made a sierra. There were a couple of spots on mine where the brass tube was visible. I thought the shreaded money would hide the tube. I suppose next time I'll paint the tube. Or better yet, get some shreaded money and try casting my own. Thanks for the answers.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
'

bitshird

Nice looking pen Tim, looks quite expensive, or as the little monkey said while relieving him self on a cash register "this could run into a lot of money" .
I'm sorry I couldn't resist, I've often wondered about inlace acrylester for some reason I thought it may have been softer, glad to find out now.

THarvey

Good job Tim. You might want to flash that one by the Preacher(but hold on tight).:biggrin:

I have the other have, it he is quick enough to take it. :biggrin:

Nice looking pen Tim, looks quite expensive, or as the little monkey said while relieving him self on a cash register "this could run into a lot of money" .
I'm sorry I couldn't resist, I've often wondered about inlace acrylester for some reason I thought it may have been softer, glad to find out now.

I figure this is as close to the economic stimulas, I will see. :mad:

Top Bottom