Status
Not open for further replies.

fernhills

Show Me the Money,,This was kinda neat to do.. Carl

2007121411741_Hpim0343.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Milpaul

Originally posted by workinforwood
<br />Looks great. Do you need to apply a finish on it...I know it's a stabilized/cast blank, but does the resin impregnate right into the money or do you need a top coat?
I have only sanded and used MM. El Mostro's blanks drill and turn easily, and have always had a glass type finish for me. The only thing to remember is to paint the inside of the blank since you can see through very well you don't want to see the tube!

johncrane

Show me the money nice one Carl,the c/ban also looks good, l also have being casting money blanks, and the look on some of the customer faces is the best when you tell them its real money.[:D]

fernhills

Originally posted by rherrell
<br />Great job Carl! I like to finish with ca only because they feel kind of rough if you don't.
Hi, you are right,i used plastic polish it helped but not the way i like them to feel.didn`t know you could use ca on plastics.Thanks, Carl

ElMostro

Nice pen Carl. When I make them I apply thin CA just prior to the final sanding to harden any money tips that have been exposed and then put a CA finish on it. They end up smooth and shiny.

Shoe me the money...I am going to have to muse that one...hopefully it is not copyerited.

Nive work, Eugene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom