Monet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbostian

jbostian

I turned this Monet tonight. I have no idea what kind of wood this is or where it came from. I was digging through a box of blanks and found a few that looked kind of neat. I decided to turn this one and it come out looking pretty cool I think. If anyone can tell me what kind of wood it is I would appreciate it. Thanks for looking.

Jamie

Attachments

• Monet1.jpg
    Monet1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 248
  • Monet2.jpg
    Monet2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 180
  • Monet3.jpg
    Monet3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

I am going to take a stab... a guess really... and say that is some olive burl. You would have found it to be oily if I am right and you would have gotten some scent while turning.
:wink::wink::wink:

jbostian

Thanks all for the comments

I am going to take a stab... a guess really... and say that is some olive burl. You would have found it to be oily if I am right and you would have gotten some scent while turning.
:wink::wink::wink:

It wasn't oily at all and I didn't really notice an scent while I was turing it. Thanks.

Jamie

jskeen

The color and figure are about right for black cherry crotch or knot or something like that. If so, the weight would have been a little on the heavy side for a domestic hardwood, lighter than white oak, but heavier than walnut, and the grain would have been very closed with almost no open pores.

David Keller

Nice looking pen. It looks like cherry to me... especially in the last photo. The black lines near the clip end of the pen are pretty common in cherry.

jbostian

Thanks all for the comments. Based on what some of you have said and some other pics I looked at, I believe the wood is cherry

Jamie

Top Bottom