Monarch Master, aka Hawaii Love

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gtriever

gtriever

My niece's husband is in the US Army, stationed in Hawaii (yeah, it's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it - :biggrin:). For some reason, I thought they might want a set of Hawaii-themed pens. I ordered both the kits and the blanks from a vendor in Hawaii so I could turn them and ship them BACK to Hawaii...

The kits are Monarch Masters (aka "Hawaii Love"), and the blanks are Koa. They were finished with 8 coats of WTF. For some reason they shipped me one heartwood blank and one sapwood so I had to adapt and overcome - I hope I did them justice.

MonarchMaster_Koa3_web.jpg MonarchMaster_Koa2_web.jpg MonarchMaster_Koa1_web.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Great pen set--wonderful use of the material. Don't think i'd ever seen Koa sapwood before, kind of makes me itch for some transitional (two-tone) pieces. That sapwood has an interesting look in its own right.
earl

gtriever

Thanks for the compliments everybody, they're appreciated.

Frank, the box is the Maple Gift Box (PKBOXMPM - $8.95) from PSI. They come with a single and double insert, and a Majestic insert is available as an accessory (PKBOXMPC - $2.50). I use them quite a bit for my larger pens.

BTW, Mountain Home is beautiful country. My wife has a lot of relatives around Springfield MO, so sometimes when we visit out there we make it a point to drive the "southern route" and take 412 over to Pocahontas on the way home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom