Modified Wall Street II and label casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

A friend and coworker recently returned from vacationing in Alaska and asked me to make a couple of pens. I shared one earlier this week. She wanted a second one incorporating copper, a photo casting of the Kennecott concentrating mill and azurite. Here is what I came up with. I had to modify a Wall Street II kit to meet her request. It was a challenge turning the Tru-Stone thin enough to replace the black bands that came with the kit. I would have liked to have gotten the top more streamlined but it was so getting so thin that it started getting a little distortion. I think that I am going to take a break from pens for a little while after this one.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I think that is a great-looking pen !!!!

I am curious as to how you disassembled the the two ends of the Wall Street, and then replaced the black parts with TruStone.

Is there a tutorial on doing this ? . Or can you elaborate a little, please ? . Does it involve punching the metal pieces out ?

Cwalker935

What does the sea line look like on a photo casting like that? It's an absolutely beautiful pen

The seam is hidden under the clip for the most part. A 1/2" or so does show. You can put a border on the photo and hide the seam in the border. I went without the border on this one.

image.jpg

LR9788

What does the sea line look like on a photo casting like that? It's an absolutely beautiful pen

The seam is hidden under the clip for the most part. A 1/2" or so does show. You can put a border on the photo and hide the seam in the border. I went without the border on this one.

View attachment 154239

This is fantastic! My wife is a photographer so you have my wheels turning!

Are there any good tutorials on photocasting?

Cwalker935

This is a link to an article that I did on label casting;
http://content.penturners.org/librar...el_casting.pdf

The article is good with respect to laying out and printing the labels but is outdated with regard to the actual casting. Avery has reformulated it's paper or something and I started getting some delamination using CA or clearcote. I now treat the label by mixing up a small amount of PR and brushing it on the label, let dry for a day or two and then pressure cast with PR. Wear gloves when handling the label after pre coating.

OZturner

Great Work Cody.
Another Spectacular Photo Pen.
I love the Modification of using the Tru-stone, I can understand your Anguish, it must have been bordered on "Terrifying".
Fortunately your Execution and Result was Magnificent.
Congratulations, Is there No End to Your Talent?
Brian.

Last edited:

Cwalker935

Thanks for the positive comments and feedback. I am happy to report that my co-worker is really thrilled with the pen. She loves pens in general and cannot stop talking about this one. She reports that she not only loves the look but that it also has a great balance.

Top Bottom