Modified Slimline Pro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from daledut

Status
Not open for further replies.

daledut

This is one of my Modified slimline pro pens. The body is Bocote and the CB is Apple. I used a clip from a Cigar pen.

This pen was made for me. I normally clip a pen inside my pants pocket or on the lepel of my polo type shirt. I find the Cigar clip best for this but I like a click pen. I also replaced the gel ink refill with a ballpoint.

This project used 3 kits (leaving a bunch of spare parts). One each of the Cigar and the SL Pro and one extra SL Pro because I ruined the click mechanism. Had some glue in the tube and it wedged the click mechanism in the button guide tube.

Oh well it just shows how this art keeps us humble too. Anyway here is the pen, tell me what you think.

2005118141728_Bocote-apple_slim_pro_cig_clip-1.jpg

200511814184_Bocote-apple_slim_pro_cig_clip-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

daledut

I really like Bocote too. There is a story behind making this pen. I had a Bocote SL Pro that was one of the first that I modified the CB on. I carried it with me for about a year and a half. It was quite abused. the finish was worn off the tip.

At work one day someone was asking about the pens I make. This guy is an artist that makes eggs out of silver, so I thought he was asking out of curiosity. He asked if I had one to show, and I said "only this old thing" and pulled out the Bocote pen. He asked how much I would get for a pen like that. I told him about $40. He said, I'll give you $40 for it.

I tried to talk him into letting me make him a new one, but he insisted. So, never wanting to turn down a sale, I sold it to him.

I did at least replace the tip for him.

So that left me without my everyday pen, so I made this one to replace it.

Hope I did not bore everyone to sleep.[:p]

PenWorks

Looks fine to me. Nice straight grain bocote. I now what you mean about the cigar clip, very practicle, just not very fashionable.

Fred in NC

Very nice custom pen, Dale! Happened to me too, but I had just made the pen, so it was only a day old. Took it out to sign something, and this woman wanted THAT pen! I had a few other pens with me in tubes, but no, that is the one she wanted! I could never understand why, because the pen was a very plain slimline, with a barrel made from an oak dowel!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom