modified slimline."longantler"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Trying something different, I have combined anter with shells, wanted something different.Used a short section of cherry burl
The components are from Woodturnings"fancy slimline"
I like the different style clip,allows for a larger barrel

2005613143326_executivelongantler613%20011.jpg

Comments welcome
deal.gif

( I know I have to deal with the cloudy spots on the antler)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Wow Eagle, that looks neat! The texture on the antler really gives it some extra character, and the coves you turned really flow nicely together. I hope to be able to do something like that some day!

M

Mudder

Interesting design

Had to think a while before I figured out how you did it with the short barrel. At least I think I have it figured out.

Nice pen Eagle.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice look, Eagle.

Might want to try a darker rosewood for the bottom part. Might highlight your antler spots.

Just a thought! No charge, which could be what it is worth![:)]

Fleabit

I like it. Nice color combinations. I like that you were able to keep some of the outer part of the antler in tack. Gives it some nice character.

tinker

beautiful Pen Eagle, can you swap the antler cap with the cap of the modified pen just for a look see? I think the dark wood would be a better compliment for the antler.
I know, that is like the knave giving the Knight advise.[:I]

Thumbs

Eagle, the general color combination is beautiful and the form is outstanding. I don't care for the antler "bark" either. I think it detracts from the flow of the design and interferes with the color balance. I can see how others might like it for those same reasons though. Sometimes contrast adds to the whole sometimes it detracts! I guess that just reflects personal taste...... Beautiful work all in all! Though, of course, my general unqualified disclaimer is included herewith! [}:)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by tinker
<br />beautiful Pen Eagle, can you swap the antler cap with the cap of the modified pen just for a look see? I think the dark wood would be a better compliment for the antler.
I know, that is like the knave giving the Knight advise.[:I]
Tinker
If you are referring to the "bottom" od the Eagleized Euro,I could put it on ths one for appearnace ske but they are to different pens, One takes a Parker refill this one is based on a slimline.The top and bottom of this is turned at the same time with not bushing in the middle.No sense in trying as the size won't be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom