Modified slim in what I think is amboyna burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sbwertz

sbwertz

This is from one of the beautiful blanks sent to me by TEXATDURANGO. It was unlabled, but I think it is amboyna burl

Attachments

• IMG_2658.jpg
    IMG_2658.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 305
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Sharon, I might have included some afzelia burl in your box too and the two are often pretty close looking. Did this have a nice almost sweet smell when turning? If so, it is amboyna. When I turn amboyna burl my whole shop smells good all day!

Nice looking pen!

sbwertz

Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments, and thany you, George, for the beautiful blanks. I'm about to try my first Le Roi pen for the PITH.

sbwertz

I forgot to mention that this one and the sheoak are my first attempt at TBC. I really like the control it gives, and the lack of vibration/chatter on the outboard blank I sometimes get on the mandrel.

Texatdurango

I forgot to mention that this one and the sheoak are my first attempt at TBC. I really like the control it gives, and the lack of vibration/chatter on the outboard blank I sometimes get on the mandrel.

OK, looks like you are coming along nicely, NEXT we would like to see a closed end capped pen!:)

sbwertz

OK, looks like you are coming along nicely, NEXT we would like to see a closed end capped pen!:)

I'm still trying to figure out how to put the Le Roi together...it didn't come with instructions! :confused:

Top Bottom