Modified Presimo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hebertjo

hebertjo

Ok several first for me and I did not pay a lot of attention to the finish because this was just a test.

I saw the PSI Presimo and thought it would be easy to modify it so as to eliminate the fittings on the lower barrel. The finial looked like it could be modified as well. I used a M9.0x1.0 tap for the front section which worked very well and they are easy to find for under $10.

The one thing I did not like about the pen is that the threaded post of the finial has a hole drilled into it because the point of the refill actually recesses into it when the cap is fully closed. It was one of things where I said "hmm that's funny" when disassembling the cap and then forgot about it until I tried to assemble the finished pen and the cap would not screw on. It was not difficult to drill the hole just remember to do it when you are creating the parts.

I was also working on a new setup to drill holes so that is why I added the ring of aluminum dots. I was very happy with how those turned out.

Attachments

• presimo_01.png
    presimo_01.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 160
  • presimo_02.png
    presimo_02.png
    648.7 KB · Views: 220
  • presimo_03.png
    presimo_03.png
    826.5 KB · Views: 170
  • presimo_04.png
    presimo_04.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 154
  • presimo_05.png
    presimo_05.png
    509.6 KB · Views: 212

IPD_Mr

Wow John, you took a cheap looking kit and made it look mighty fine. The silver rods you put into it gives it a lot of class. Well done.

Top Bottom