Modified Nouveau Sceptre FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveG

SteveG

I described my efforts to modify the finish on a hardware part for this Antique Pewter NS kit pen in another thread:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/redo-rhodium-hardware-match-antique-133839/

PSI only offers the Antique Pewter NS as a RB. A customer saw the RB, but wanted it as a FP. The other thread describes the project.

Here is the result: The front end section is the part finish-modified to match the rest of the hardware. I selected a Schmidt polished nib and feed/holder. This required some modification to the plastic holder to get it to mount into the PSI section. The barrels are nice stabilized buckeye burl with CA finish. The last pic is a comparison with the finish-modified section on the left (it started as Rhodium) and a stock Rhodium section on the right.

The nearly all blonde Buckeye Burl seems to go very well with the Antiqued Pewter, so I am heading to the shop to get another going. This one was on the table for less than an hour before selecting a customer.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0005 (1).jpg
    DSC_0005 (1).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

Wow, Steve! That is some mighty fine work on getting that front section to match! Very nice pen and work, my friend! And, you're right, that blond buckeye does go with it quite well.

SteveG

I appreciate all the "likes" and comments. I realized only now, looking back, that I failed to invite comments. I do invite constructive comments and other thoughts, both on the pen itself and my attempts at photography. I am very new at taking/posting pics, but have ben turning pens since a early 2009, a little before I joined IAP. Aloha!

Top Bottom