Modified El Grande & Ligero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Had to make a regular pen, working on my originals has been to stressfull, but enjoyable. :D

Just couldn't get myself to follow the lines though. Both of these are lucite from www.pipemakers.org , both are tubeless, both cut fatter and longer than the originals. The black one is the El Grande with a Conklin steel nib. The blue/gold is the Ligero.
Thanks for looking.

200552314735_DSC00602.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Anthony,

They are beautiful pens!!

Why do you make them tubeless? Is this something your customers will care about? Please don't read this as a critique, I am merely trying to learn more about pen users.

Thanks

PenWorks

Critique away Ed...[:D] I would say for the following reason....
1. Everybody uses else uses tubes, I want to be different.
2. It is more challenging.
3. Most higher end pen companies are tubless desings.
4. It does make for a lighter pen. (but some relate heft to quality & value,I don't)
5. The transperency factor on some resins is better.
6. I melt the brass tubes to make jacketed bullets [:D] JK [:D]

Forgot to answer your question...I think the majority of my clients could care less, tube or tubeless. But a couple would.

WoodChucker

Anthony,

I've not been around much lately but I see your still living up to your high standards! Very nice pens, I like them both!!!

PenWorks

Chuck 1/2 for the cap and can't remeber for the body, but what ever drill is a .452 ( I remember that)

Jim did not paint the inside. I was hoping they would actually be a little more transparent.

PenWorks

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Nice! Tell us a little more about the conkline nib.

Can't really disclose how I came by the Conklin nibs, lets just say they were size samples. I tried them in the Ligero housing and El Grande to see if they would work. I took out the nib & feeder from the housing that comes with each kit, put in a new feeder and the Conklin nib which is identical to the size of the gold nibs I have coming and it worked. So the gold nibs I have on the way (will be shipped out to me tomarrow) will work in both of these models. As far as the Conklin steel nib, it writes real nice, but has the firmness of steel.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Damn, Anthony, I should have gotten your autograph several months ago. With pens like these, you are going to start charging for it soon!

Ha!

I got his autograph a few weeks ago. And I must say he has nice penmanship.

PenWorks

Originally posted by Mudder
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Damn, Anthony, I should have gotten your autograph several months ago. With pens like these, you are going to start charging for it soon!

Ha!

I got his autograph a few weeks ago. And I must say he has nice penmanship.

Ha, Ha [:D] Maybe I should reword my adds, " A free autograph with every purchase [:D]

Penmanship, I think they use to teach that in school, I remember it. It's a shame our educational system has determined it is not esential to learn how to write. [V]

driften

BTW for those wanting to try it, its 29/64 for the bottom barrel and 1/2 for the cap. Anthony gave the cap drill bit size but did not remember the other bit. I just finished an Mucho El Grande (a long version) tubless and those sizes worked just great!

M

Mudder

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
6. I melt the brass tubes to make jacketed bullets [:D] JK [:D]

Your pens are really nice.

Now for statement #6....... Why not melt the brass to make cartridge casings as bullets are usually jacketed with a copper alloy or gilding metal. Or at least they were 15 or so years ago when I was a competitive rifle shooter.

I know you were kidding, I want to kid a little to [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom