Modified cigar(rework)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
A while back someone made a post about modifying a cigar.I like to make the "kits" appear different from others.
One thing that impresses me about the cigar pen is the amount of"parts" you get for so little cost.
The thing that I dislike about the cigar pen is it is a difficult one to modify.(Unlike the slimline)I started playing around and trying to see how much can be removed without changing the function of the pen and still change the appearance.
The lower tube needs to be lengthened(or buy lenghts and cut your own) if you remove the small black trim ring on the bottom.
I purposely made this a BIG one to show the pattern of the glue up.I'll have to live with the bad joint.
Because we now have a "critique" forum I would appreciate your remarks there as to what you don't care for in this piece .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Eagle, What's the center band made of? It has a different look for sure. I've toyed around with doing mods on cigars, mostly the centerband. I've thought about trying to machine down the black metal part and let the wood from a lengthened upper tube come down over it...Any thoughts on this?

PenWorks

I like the glue up and the patterns and the contrasting wood colors, all very sharp.
As for the pukey looking bandaid in the middle.....well it is kind of pukey looking and detracts from your nice work. JMO, you asked.

Rifleman1776

I like the new color better and the wide band is growing on me. Something like wasp-waist slimlines, in pictures they don't look good at all to me. But I make some that way and in person they seem quite attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom