Modified Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a modified cigar pen made for the Penmakers challenge stage 3 . It is made with yellow pearl and black PR with parts from a black Ti cigar kit .
It was modified along the Longwood design and makes a very beefy pen . I'm quite happy with this one and it will become my current carry pen .

As always , comments are welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

That's very nice. I love the Cigar style pen. It has so many possibilities based on a very solid platform. Nicely Done..

ldb2000

Thanks guys . This blank came out of the post cure oven screaming that it wanted to be something different , so I put my sunglasses on and pulled it from the mold . This is the brightest blank I have ever made . This one is overloaded (about 10%) between the yellow dye and the white pearl mica so it took much longer to fully cure and was in the post cure oven for quite awhile , but it did not get brittle and was a dream to turn . When I decided what the next challenge pen was going to be , it was to only logical choice with the black Ti furniture . Even though it doesn't use the stock CB it is still as heavy as a regular cigar due to the size , it's .55" thick at it's thickest point and it has a nice solid feel .

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone .
John , next time I set up to cast I'll keep you in mind . I have a tiny shop so I only set up to cast once or twice a month and I cast in batches .

Jgrden

Thanks for the kind words everyone .
John , next time I set up to cast I'll keep you in mind . I have a tiny shop so I only set up to cast once or twice a month and I cast in batches .
Butch: Let's make a deal. I want some of that yellow stuff. I think that if I do the job correct, that would become a keeper for me. I am going to PM you.

Top Bottom