Modified Cigar (error corrections)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

Cigar with custom blank from Brooks803. I messed up turning this one. I usually only turn one piece at a time...on this one, I got the center bushing turned around and turned the top to the smaller diameter instead of the larger. Of course I didn't realize this until I had that piece finished and went to turn the bottom and realized I didn't turn the bushing around. I didn't want to wast the blank so I made my own center band from a piece of Dawn's Black Knight from Exotics. Once I got the band on it and returned, the shape wasn't right at the seam, so I had to build that area up with some CA. It was a lot of work, but it Turned out okay. I am happy with myself for finding a way to make it work and not tossing in the towel. Finish is MM12000 and Ultrashine.
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_1982a-web.jpg
    IMG_1982a-web.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

I have to give my wife some credit. I was going to throw the set in the scrap heap, but was showing her what the blank looked like. I was explaining my stupidity and she says "can't you just make a piece that fits?"......well duhhhhhh

Last edited:

nava1uni

Very nice looking pen. This was not an error, but a design opportunity. You met the challenge. You should give that pen to your wife for her seeing beyond the obvious.

Top Bottom