Moded slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Did this one for a contest on another forum. Main body is cherry, ends are stabilized and dyed box elder burl. Ebony bands and celtic knot in maple and walnut. It'll be off to our military guys in the next shipment around the end of the month when I get the last few finished.

SL0015.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Manny

Humm... I see a faint line under the black band on the nib side. Does it twist there?
Also I like shape of the clip end. If you have a chance can you post a picture to see that better?

The ends almost like like buckeye.

Very nice knot and colors.

Manny

dustmaker

Wow, that puts my simple CB mod to shame big time. That is just simply a work of art. The person who receives this pen is in for a treat. I really like the double knot. Nice work.

Rick_G

Humm... I see a faint line under the black band on the nib side. Does it twist there?
Also I like shape of the clip end. If you have a chance can you post a picture to see that better?

The ends almost like like buckeye.

Very nice knot and colors.

Manny

Yes that's where it twists. I thought about having it twist at the nib but figured over time the wood is likely to break on me. Here is the other end. I can't take all the credit for the idea. I got it from an article on slim line modifications by Don Ward over on the penmakers guild library

Attachments

• SL0017.jpg
    SL0017.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

its_virgil

Your pen came out very nice. You did a great job and the new owner will be quit thrilled. I really should try the knot thing.

The article (and several others) is on my website at: http://www.RedRiverPens.com/articles
I need to get several articles to the librarian here so they can be placed in the IAP library.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Yes that's where it twists. I thought about having it twist at the nib but figured over time the wood is likely to break on me. Here is the other end. I can't take all the credit for the idea. I got it from an article on slim line modifications by Don Ward over on the penmakers guild library

Rick_G

Thanks for the comments. That's one reason I like the slims. About the only restriction to design is the size of the clip end. It has to be small enough that the clip will still work if you are using it. A couple more of the same design that will be joining it. Bloodwood and white corian. Dyed locust and maple and one that is all maple. Fun to make.

Attachments

• SL0018.jpg
    SL0018.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DCP_1951.jpg
    DCP_1951.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 107
  • DCP_0275.jpg
    DCP_0275.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Top Bottom