Mmmm..too many curves??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KKingery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

Well, this was my first attempt at trying to put some curves on a pen. It's a Slimline.

2004113051047_Slimline.jpg

200411305122_Slimline%20in%20Rosewood.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Fine job Ken, Allot of work went into the top one. Great for your first try. Personally, I am a traditionalist when it comes to pens. I think curves are best suited for women & bed posts.

dougle40

While the pen at the top may look good , it probably would be very hard to write with .
I started making all my pens with a little bit of a curve and an end that prevents the fingers from slipping down the barrel while you're using it . I advertise them as being "Ergonomically Friendly" pens and they have been a good seller for me .
I've attached a couple of pics to show what my designs are all about.

2004113053755_Box%20Elder%20014-1-s.jpg
<br />

2004113053635_PENS%20001-1-sm.jpg
<br />

KKingery

Thanks for the idea Doug! I appreciate it. Actually, the curcy pen isn't bad to write with. I made it to fit my fingers, and the bottom curve feels pretty good. It keeps me from slipping (I tend to write pretty hard). Oh well, it was my first try at it. I had all them gouges, and just wanted to try them!

tipusnr

Great job. My experience is the fancier you can make the slimlines, and still have them feel good when you pick them up, the better. People like the uniqueness that comes with such a pen.

I, admittedly, don't sell a lot of pens due to lack of sales effort. I find the ones that sell themself are unique in some way - either through design shape or interesting combinations of materials.

Good luck.

dougle40

The first pen that I turned like this was for a woman at work who has Rheumatiod Arthritis in her hands and writing all day left her hands very sore . After I turned the first pen I gave it to her and asked her to try it and let me know what she thought . At the end of the day , she came to me and told me that I WASN'T getting the pen back . It was the first time she had worked all day and NOT gone home with sore hands . Since then I've sold a lot of this design to other office workers and professionals such as Doctors and Lawyers .The last set (pen & pencil) was African Blackwood and sold to a Lawyer for $75.00 .

KKingery

Doug, that's an inspiration to me! That's why I like this association so much. People are always ready to help with ideas, suggestions, personal stories of sucess, etc.... I'm sure it will be awhile before my attempts are anything near good enough to try and sell, but for now, I'm happy just learning and experimenting. The feedback that us "newbies" get from everyone are extremely helpful! Thanks Again.

Adam

I completely agree with Anthony on his out look of curves but you did a fine job Ken i especially like the top one

adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom