Mixing Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. I got this cool looking blank called Mixing Bowl, another Jeff Powell fun creation, from Exotics. Put it on Black Ti Jr. Gentleman Rollerball components. It was neat to watch while turning on the lathe...almost like a kaleidoscope. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Mixing Bowl_2.jpg
    Mixing Bowl_2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Mixing Bowl_1.jpg
    Mixing Bowl_1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Mixing Bowl.jpg
    Mixing Bowl.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 118
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Interesting.

Allan, That was the exact thought I had when I saw it...and then I wondered... :rolleyes:....would be interesting if Jeff were finding a use for pen blanks gone awry, chopping them into pieces and throwing them into black resin in a mixing bowl. :wink:. Nevertheless, I think it's a fun looking pen. Doc:)

workinforwood

Interesting.

Allan, That was the exact thought I had when I saw it...and then I wondered... :rolleyes:....would be interesting if Jeff were finding a use for pen blanks gone awry, chopping them into pieces and throwing them into black resin in a mixing bowl. :wink:. Nevertheless, I think it's a fun looking pen. Doc:)

You think I was recycling scraps? :biggrin: of course I was! That's why the blanks were so cheap too..they look cool and they actually take a lot more work to make than you'd think, but at the same time, it's mindless work just chopping thin scraps into little squarish shapes and then cleaning them all and casting them back together but it takes less resin to do so and its nice to recover any thin strips left over from other things rather than just trashing them. If anything it probably was inspired by Bruce's bowling ball blanks...I don't doubt he was in my subconscious when I started making this little batch of blanks. I wouldn't make these for a living, but like any penturner I don't want to see anything just tossed away either.

I really think that's a cool pen too Doc! I like all the strange colors and shapes smashed together like that, it's a fun looking pen and perfect for a person with colorful personality.

Top Bottom