Mixed Feathers: Red and Black

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Turned it this A.M. It's a mixed feather blank..red and black.. a beautiful piece of art by John Underhill (JohnU) that I got from Exotics. Placed on a Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen. Has a #5 Fine Polished Bock nib. Comments welcomed and thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Mixed Feathers- Red and Black.jpg
    Mixed Feathers- Red and Black.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 202
  • Mixed Feathers- Red and Black_2.jpg
    Mixed Feathers- Red and Black_2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Mixed Feathers- Red and Black_1.jpg
    Mixed Feathers- Red and Black_1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Mixed Feathers- Red and Black_3.jpg
    Mixed Feathers- Red and Black_3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

I like it

I think I would have turned the black on the the cap and barrel facing each other. Never would have thought to do it the way you did. Guess that's part of the fun of this place we all look at blanks differently and get to see how others see them.

Phil

I wonder how JohnU makes thos feathers blanks. I have done some but I always need long feathers that can be tied at both ends of the blanks. Anyone knows what glue he uses to make those feathers stick to the tube ?:confused::confused::confused:

JohnU

I love it Doc! Your pens and photos always leave me envious. Thanks for sharing. I love to see how these turn out, especially since I dont get to turn many of them myself.

wizard

Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement. The true artist responsible for this creation is John Underhill. He makes absolutely beautiful blanks and they make absolutely stunning pens! Regards, Doc:)

Top Bottom