Mistral & Redwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gregory Hardy

Gregory Hardy

As part of my last order from Beaufort Ink, I decided to try a few kits. I had been admiring the results people were getting with the Mistral (in various models and finishes), but I was more interested in the reviews people were giving the kit quality. I will say that the Mistral kit I purchased was - hands down - the nicest twist pen kit I have had in my hands to date. The parts were all absolutely perfect. Plating was lovely. The mechanics - threading, mechanism and all - were as neatly done as I have seen. My only regret is that Phil doesn't have a local store within driving distance. (It takes about eight days for packages to me from Scotland, the blame for which seems to fall firmly with my nation's Customs Office.) This one is gold with brushed gold accents. The wood is stabilized lace redwood burl with a CA finish.

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh, I like that! I like the appearance of the kit and the blank and turning is a great compliment.

Well done!

I like the "round top/euro" pen, and that one is certainly the highest quality looking kit I've seen in that style. Great job turning & finishing. I'm going to order a few when my current supply of kits is depleted.

Hubert H

Very nice pen - workmanship and finish looks GOOD. I really like the Beaufort Ink pen kits. I have bought mine from Signature Pen Supply. Came through in good time.

OZturner

Magnificent Pen Gregory.
Glorious Redwood Burl Blank, Expertly Turned, Fitted, and Finished.
Ideal Choice of Mistral Hardware.
Spectacular Result,
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom