The missus turned this one...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

64422_113621652031242_100001502242963_97296_1258772_n.jpg

The wife turned this one out of mahogany. I had just showed her how I do the curves and swells on the pen bodies. I think she did a good job.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBCbushings

Congrats on the missus. My wife turned one few weeks ago and it turned out great. It was her first time on the lathe too. Did a designer with acrylic too!

Drstrangefart

I'm sure she'll appreciate it. Nikitas-Congrats on the Acrylic. I have successfully turned 2 acrylics so far. The third attempt= :mad: It kept blowing out huge chunks. I got them repaired the first 3 or 4 times, but the last one was an undamaged section all the way around the end of the blank. It hurt to see it happen. I guess it was too brittle. Or maybe the room was too cold.....

TBCbushings

I just use light cuts and sharp tools!! and use a skew alot!! I use my skew as a scraper and works great...

Last edited:

Drstrangefart

I tried the skew, and it still wanted to cause small tearaways. I think that particular blank was waay to brittle for me to get ambitious yet. I am still undoing damage caused by the tools in softer wood. I will be turning more acrylic someday. I was so upset after getting it drilled out without the hole melting and making a must repair situation.

Top Bottom