Misshapen Wallstreet?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wooden_Pen_Turner_11

Do you guys think this pen would sell? I think it looks cool, but my parents say it doesn't look like a regular pen. I tried to explain to them that original can be better. Boy was that hard!

Attachments

• 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 402
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JBCustomPens

I don't think so. I've found most people like nice, smooth tapers rather than beads and such. Sorry. On the upside, it looks like you have found yourself a nice new pen!:biggrin:

Mark

Honestly, if the upper bevel went the other way, it might be more pleasing, but I'd say it's not a hot new trend. Just my $.02

Padre

You could always put it in the "blemish" grouping.:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You may be surprised.

People may buy it for it's "unique" factor. But, when they come back to buy another they will tell you it was cool, but now they just want a "normal" pen. However, you do sell another pen--if the first one was good quality and wrote well----that's what we are trying to do!!!

Mission accomplished!

DAMHIKT (1996)

Good idear. A woman said she liked it when I sent her that picture as a sample, but my parents tell me (as I said) I have to make her an original.

Bree

Do you guys think this pen would sell? I think it looks cool, but my parents say it doesn't look like a regular pen. I tried to explain to them that original can be better. Boy was that hard!

People will buy anything depending on your skill as a salesman. I don't really like the pen but you could even get me to buy it with the right schmooze.

Now if you want to get a lot of people to buy a similar pen regularly... then you need to feel some certaintly that they WANT the thing for some merit that it has to them. And that will no doubt entail comparison to competing products. That is a much tougher sale than a one time persuasion.
:wink::wink::wink:

lazyguy

Just put on your best "artsy face" and tell people it is from your "bed post period" and insist if they don't like it they no nothing about art. :biggrin:

On a serious note it lets people know that you as a pen maker you can think outside of the box. Some will be drawn to that but maybe want something a little more in the box but edgy.

Top Bottom