Mini Folding Snake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This was fun to make!!!:biggrin:
I used about 2/3rds of a slimline blue dyed cobra skin and a mini refill.
The 'clip' lifts up and turns a little semi-circular cam to push the refill out.
The unfolded clip sits comfortably against your web between thumb and finger. It is 75mm ( about 2.95inch ) long when folded.
The clip is fitted by a hammer rivet( and a little dab of epoxy) , but I may weld it as well later.:rolleyes:
Hope you like it:biggrin:

Attachments

• MiniSnake1.jpg
    MiniSnake1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 269
  • MiniSnake3.jpg
    MiniSnake3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 255
  • MiniSnake2.jpg
    MiniSnake2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 227
  • MiniSnake4.jpg
    MiniSnake4.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Skip, you are absolutely insufferable.:mad: Every time I get all set to get off my oversize duff and actually make something, you do something great like your little folding snake, :biggrin: I like the cam action that's cool as the :devil:

lundebc

Wow another innovative pen! I sure can't think of many more unique pens than this one.

Bruce
Katy, Tx

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That's real awesome looking Steve. No surprise there though! Darn thing is cute as a button. Does the clip lock down into place or will the pen fall out of your pocket?

Jeff I used a spring which retracts the refill and is also strong enough to keep the clip snapped in place. When it's folded, the refill presses against the flat of the cam. LOL, :biggrin:though I don't think this one is destined to grace a pocket anyway. Probably end up in the box with many others:rolleyes:

Top Bottom