Mini Cigar #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gatornick

gatornick

Here is my second attempt. My wife suggested the single barrel, and pssherman gave the inspiration on making it work. It works like his 50cal pens. I think it is definately better than the first one, but maybe a little big around the middle. What do you think? Original Cigar, and first mini attempt shown above it for reference. This one is in ambrosia maple also finished with CA.

200837225946_IMGP3789.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
That's kind of neat! I agree the third one is just a little too pregnant, but it's still a cool idea and it looks like you pulled it off great! I almost like the middle one, though. It'd be cool if you could get the center band centered on it, so the clip just barely protrudes past the fat part of the band.

The third one is cool because it gives an option to the Carbera/Polaris family type of pen.

Nice work, overall, and the finishes look great! :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice all around !! How are you achieving that much gloss ? I really favor high gloss . I gotta get me a buffer !! Nice work . [8D]

ahoiberg

that's awesome. i like both styles although i would imagine the middle one isn't all that comfortable to write with??

gatornick

Chuck - For the finish, I sand up to 1000 grit and then buff with meguiars scratch-x. You can see by the top pen, that I need some micromesh, as there are some lines in the finish. Overall it does a pretty good job though.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Nick

gatornick

Jarheaded - the nib turns. The clip end is attached as normal, but the nib end is loose, so that it can turn. There is no brass tube in the end by the nib, so I am a little concerned the wood will hold up. I did put some thin ca on the inside, and so far so good.

Top Bottom