Mine glow in the dark!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

64802_114200038640070_100001502242963_100806_5079777_n.jpg

I stumbled across some glow in the dark acrylic paint, and had a rather inspirational idea. This is the end result.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Did you mix it in resin, paint the tubes or how did you do that?

Drstrangefart

Also, I'm actually glad I got some positive responses. I need to refine the process and quit leaving flaws behind. I did learn you can apply acrylic paint with the paper towel method, but it takes some coats to get the paint opaque. Also, a white base coat is your best friend.

Drstrangefart

I'd like to offer a correction. After further testing, paper toweling the acrylic paint doesn't work too well until you get a mostly opaque base coat, and it's still tough to get right. Had to take a cheapo razor on a scraper handle and scrape all the paint off and try again. Waiting longer between coats now.

Drstrangefart

I'd like to offer a correction. After further testing, paper toweling the acrylic paint doesn't work too well until you get a mostly opaque base coat, and it's still tough to get right. Had to take a cheapo razor on a scraper handle and scrape all the paint off and try again. Waiting longer between coats now.

I tried out using a fairly stiff bristled brush to put thick blobs of paint and let the lathe spin while I distributed the paint as evenly as possible. It seems to be working out okay. It's still slow.

Top Bottom