Mine, but I didn't make it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chitswood

Status
Not open for further replies.

chitswood

DSC03180.jpg

DSC03181.jpg

My apologies for the terrible pics, Dad has the good camera right now, and I forgot to wipe the fingerprints off the metal.

Its "creator" is Lou, DCBluesman.

A Snakewood Emperor; RH&BTi, He made it for me as a trial test of the snakewood.

I think it went well:D

Fell free to fill them in Lou, you deserve credit for a superb pen!;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OSCAR15

BEAUTIFUL PEN CHIT! LOU DID A SUPER JOB!
That may very well be the nicest piece of snakewood I have seen, and it works great in that kit!
I hope that it doesn't crack, as snakewood is notorious for. I have done only one in snakewood. It developed small hairline cracks a few weeks later. One thing I did learn...Snakewood is more beautiful with cracks than most other woods without them! Beautiful pen!

nilsatcraft

It's been said before but that really is the nicest piece of Snakewood I've ever seen and the pen came out beautifully. That's a keeper for sure!

chitswood

Originally posted by OSCAR15
<br />BEAUTIFUL PEN CHIT! LOU DID A SUPER JOB!
That may very well be the nicest piece of snakewood I have seen, and it works great in that kit!
I hope that it doesn't crack, as snakewood is notorious for. I have done only one in snakewood. It developed small hairline cracks a few weeks later. One thing I did learn...Snakewood is more beautiful with cracks than most other woods without them! Beautiful pen!

Lou informed me that he held on to the pen for two weeks to see if it develops checks, but it didn't[:D]

Our supplier uses pentacryl to stop cracking in the wood, and it does a good job 95% of the time

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
It was a pleasure making this pen in exchange for some lovely wood. Darick's as good (or better) than his word. The pen is now at least 3 weeks old...so far, so good. Thanks to all for your kind words.

20065251423_SnakewoodBTiEmp.jpg
<br />

200652514237_SnakewoodBTiEmpOpen.jpg
<br />

thetalbott4

Lou - I've already commented once, but the pics you posted just made want to say WOW!!!!!! That is absolutely beautiful. I wouldnt take a penny less than $300 for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom