Mimosa flowers cast in CA on Sierra tube

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from patmurris

patmurris

Still from the "can-do-with-CA" departement, these are mimosa flowers cast in CA around a Sierra tube:

Tournage%20Stylos%20173_800.jpg

Tournage%20Stylos%20174_800.jpg

Tournage%20Stylos%20175_800.jpg

Tournage%20Stylos%20176_800.jpg

I separated the pollen which i used to 'paint' the tube and then packed dry flowers around it in several steps while rounding the barrel toward the final shape at each iteration.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

patmurris

Very nice work! That must have taken a lot of time and a lot of CA.:)
I did the whole thing in 24h 'door-to-door', from the time i started collecting the flowers to pen assembly. It took a dozen short sessions to fill holes and smooth out the barrel, with about an hour in between for the CA to cure. I could probably have worked faster if i had used some accelerator though. I should have waited some more before polishing and buffing but got impatient... :rolleyes:

Regarding the amount of CA, it does not take that much since the Sierra has very little material around the tube once finished - which in turn does not leave much room for inclusion too.

SDB777

Very cool......just to let you know, the Mimosa plants here flower pink! Didn't realize that they flowered in any other color.

Very cool casting!

Scott

PenPal

Morning here Pat.

Incredible I was thinking of you a lot lately having bought some timber blanks from you some time ago (wont mention what cause it is in my swap with Don Ward leaving here today) Turned out great.

The Mimosa also struck a chord as one group of Mimosa called here Golden Wattle is the Australian Floral Emblem Acacia pycnatha, the National Wattle Day is 1 September. There are 600 species of Wattle in Australia. Have a look on Google.

So here I was quickly gazing on the IAP and lo and behold there was your creation in Mimosa flowers so cleverly constructed giving an exceptional result also creating in me a splash of absolutely thousands of memories since youth of Golden Wattle that is spread throughout Australia and various species bloom at different times in profusion.

Seems like doing it the hard way using Ca which makes it even more unique IMHO.

Pat send me a pm and I will send you a pic or two to your E Mail addy please provide again to show the result of your special cutting of those blanks for me.

It was only yesterday it seems when you joined and commenced this path leading to your beaut pen, hearty congratulations on your acheivement.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom