Milo Aero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

Here is an Aero made with Hawaiian Milo. It's a lovely wood and easy to turn. A friend with big hands wanted a kinda fat Sierra style pen so I made this one for him. Not too fat but not too thin either. It actually fits his hand very well with this taper.

Sanded to MM-12000, double buffed, given a tung oil treatment and dried for a couple of days. Then CA/BLO... several layers, buffed and Ren Waxed.

sCIMG5438.jpg

sCIMG5440.jpg

sCIMG5441.jpg

:bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That looks great! The wood looks like something I picked up at a flea market.. it
was used in an aquarium. Got several pieces for a few dollars, but never knew what
it was. (still might not be the same, but it looks close..)
Beautiful color depth, too

louie68

nicely done!!! I like the way you taper the barrel, how much pressure did it put on the clip? if any

Toni

Bree~When I first saw your post title I thougth WOW someone made a blank using Milo(which is a chocolate powdered drink in New Zealand) and also added Aero (which is a chocolate bar here as well):eek: Now what a pen that would be and I just had to see it..LOL Not what I expected thats for sure!!

Gorgeous Pen!! I love the colors in the blank!!

Bree

nicely done!!! I like the way you taper the barrel, how much pressure did it put on the clip? if any

There is very little pressure on the clip. The "fatness" of the center is actually very slight. The tapers on the ends flow into the tapers on the kit. It is just the center that I made a little pudgy cuz that's what the guy said he wanted. I think the end tapers blending in is the most important thing on this kind of pen.
:wink::wink::wink:

Bree

Bree~When I first saw your post title I thougth WOW someone made a blank using Milo(which is a chocolate powdered drink in New Zealand) and also added Aero (which is a chocolate bar here as well):eek: Now what a pen that would be and I just had to see it..LOL Not what I expected thats for sure!!

Gorgeous Pen!! I love the colors in the blank!!

LOL! It is kinda Chocolate Cherry in its tone isn't it! Yum Yum! Ya know a chocolate pen is possible. Cool the chocolate blank down and you are ready to drill and turn!!

I have a bunch of these Milo blanks and several are quite spectacular. This one was a freebie thrown in. So it was probably the worst of the lot. Nevertheless Milo is lovely wood and it's hard to get a bad result.

You will like the pen I am working on now. I hope to turn it tomorrow. The epoxy is drying. I painted the blank interiors and the tubes then epoxied them in so it takes longer than with my normal heavy CA.

The pen will be a Blank Titanium Jr Gent made of Texas Bluebonnet Flowers. Cross your fingers... it should be pretty neat. Your lovely flowers inspired me.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
LOL! It is kinda Chocolate Cherry in its tone isn't it! Yum Yum! Ya know a chocolate pen is possible. Cool the chocolate blank down and you are ready to drill and turn!!

It doesn't work, trust me.

For some reason, the blank keeps getting shorter. :tongue:

Top Bottom