Military commentorive pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mwildes

mwildes

My father-in-law passed away last September at age 90. We were given three shell casings from his military funeral at Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas. He was a decorated WWII U.S. Army veteran, receiving both a Bronze Star for heroism and a Purple Heart for wounds sustained during action. He served on Normandy Beach on D-Day, as well as Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge). During the war, he served in Germany, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, England and France.

I sent the casings to Erik (Sylvanite) and he did a fantastic job to turn them into engraved pen blanks. I finally finished the pens and they will be part of a display with all of his medals, ribbons, and burial flag. This is the first time that I have turned acrylics, but I like how easy they work. I hope my efforts are worth the sacrifice he and many others gave our country.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 145
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Duty_Pen.jpg
    Duty_Pen.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Honor_Pen.jpg
    Honor_Pen.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Country_Pen.jpg
    Country_Pen.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Texas_Clip.jpg
    Texas_Clip.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Army_Clip.jpg
    Army_Clip.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Flag_Clip.jpg
    Flag_Clip.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 105

mwildes

I ordered the clips from The Wooden Post at woodenpost.com. The clips come with a blank circle and you can order from many different designs to glue in yourself. They are a little less than $5 each, but well worth it for a special project.

Top Bottom