Military Bullet, Bullet with a Story, and Burls & Swirls Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from juteck

juteck

This bullet pen is for my brother in law - the military bullet was provided by member Paul Sherman. The top is black w/ gold web trustone, the clip is TN gold from Berea's flat top ballpoint, and the finial with army logo are from HUT. When I had planned this pen, the HUT logos were on backorder - IAP members Fred Wissen and Vic Vickers both offered to help me out with providing a logo they had available. As it turns out, the HUT backorders came in before I made this pen, so did not need their help afterall. I offer a public thanks to both for their kind offers. The trustone was the first I had turned -- this stuff is HARD -- do not jump into one of these blanks expecting to hog material quickly -- slow and steady was the only way this came to shape.

1_army-bullet.jpg

This bullet pen was a commissioned pen from a friend who is a self-proclaimed "good" hunter. His hunting buddy supposedly lacks those same skills, and they frequently have to track a deer that was wounded, but not killed. This pen helps tell the story about his buddy taking several shots at a deer with a .308 (the finial is from a .308) and missing the kill, but knocking off a piece of hoof here, a bone chip there, a spot of blood over there, etc., and ending with the good hunter finally tracking and making the kill with his 300 Weatherby Magnum (the base of the pen). The top of the blank is "snow" white, with several red dots out of acrylic, walnut bark, deer skull bone, and orange survey ribbon, finished off with a piece of deer antler. I delivered this pen yesterday, and it was exactly as he had envisioned it.

1_story-bullet.jpg

This last pen was from an Ankrom Exotics blank, made for a co-worker as a Christmas gift. I gave this along with an ink sampler from Pear Tree Pens, including black, blue, walnut brown, and deep olive green inks. This pen was also well received, which is a good feeling to know when your gift is appreciated.

1_fountain-pen.jpg

As always, comments / critiques are welcome.

Mr Vic

Great looking pens. John forgot to mention that he returned the finial along with some goddies I haven't had a chance to play with..

Remember that every day is a good day to pay it forward. Good work John and Mery Christmas...

Last edited:
Top Bottom