This might be a keeper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dubdrvrkev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

I may keep this for my first fountain pen. I've made a few and sold them but never kept one for me. I figure I ought to know something about them if I am going to try to sell them.
This is some black locust burl from Dario with chrome baron FP kit. The photos don't show all the birds eye or chatoyance, but they never do, do they?
Comments welcome as always.

200622144710_BLB_baron-fp-1.jpg

200622144730_BLB_baron-fp-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Looks like a keeper [;)]. Wonderful finish yet again Kevin.

Have you tried black locust on Black Titanium? I think it will look great on that kit finish.

WTG Kevin, I personally like FP but carry a RB for the most part. That definitely would be a keeper, until someone brought out a wad of cash.

dubdrvrkev

Thanks everyone!

Dario, My plan was to use blk Ti but I didn't have a kit and didn't want to wait the two days to get it from BB. I'll probably do one in a rb for a carry/work pen. I do have a blk ti cigar kit which may work a little better to carry at work. Who knows, I know where I can get more of these blanks [;)]

Dario

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />I know where I can get more of these blanks [;)]

Just so you'll know...I only have 2 more slabs of this (enough for 50 or so blanks). I have lots of requests offline for it and the Chef's special also made a dent on my BLB stock. Time to check my source for more [:D].

KC

That sho'nuff is some pretty wood. [:)]

I just noticed that your end post thingy has black threads...I put together a rhodium Jr Gent this afternoon and it's all plated...no black on the threads. The TN Jr Gent has black threads (at least the ones I have do). If I ever order any more of this style, the black threads would be reason enough to switch to the Baron. The black threads look better to me.

KC

L32

I dont think you should be seen carrying that pen around in your pocket!.....I should be seen carrying around that pen in my pocket!!!!! [:D][:D][:D]Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom