Midnight red

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Allen

Dale Allen

I can see now why it is better to use pressure or vacuum to help get rid of the bubbles. Seemed like every time I turned it down just a bit more to get rid of one, another one appears. I like the looks of the blank and how the pen turned out but still...the tiny pock marks.
All part of the learning process I guess.

Attachments

• blk_red.jpg
    blk_red.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:search: I don't know Dale. I'm looking at your pen very closely, and it looks good to me !! They say if a craftsman stands back and looks at his work, and says , " That is the best I can do ", he will never be a master at his craft. If he doesn't look at your work and say, " I could improve this here a little, make this step a little easier, or maybe try this finish next time ", his work will never get better. All the books you read, videos you watch, and threads you read are only knowledge in your head. The day you try something with your own two hands, you than have begun to realy learn. Keep up the good work !! Jim S

Last edited:

Dale Allen

Thank you Jim for the comments.
Not sure about the philosophy though!
I have an opinion of my own work and consider that my most valuable.
However, I do appreciate and welcome C&C, even if I think something is one of my best. Maybe I should have considered the forum title and not shown something that is not up to my own standards.

Attachments

• holes.jpg
    holes.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 88

plantman

Dale; I guess I should have said that if you look at you work and say " this is the best I have done ", but I now see where I mite be able to improve the next time in materials, technique, or time, would have been better. As far as showing your pen and pointing out parts that you are not satisfied with, that is a great help to others who are trying the same thing you are, or to receive help from other members. Jim S

Top Bottom