Midnight Madness!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from creativewriting

Basketball season is right around the corner so I thought I would revisit my attempt at making a basketball pen. It may sound crazy, but this design is about a year in the making. I couldn't figure out how to turn a ball into a cylinder and keep the integrity of the lines. This is my best design to date. The other 20 or so I cut off the tubes and tossed them in the trash. I want to make a 2 piece pen to see how it looks with some team colors.

I'm still not a 100% on this one so please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_3130.jpg
    IMG_3130.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 461
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
dude, you just keep finding ways to get more of my money, don't you.

I think you have me bugged, because just the other day I was discussing your masterpieces with a buddy and he asked about a Softball one...low and behold, you post one.

Last night my son asked about a basketball and now look at you.

Amazing...

Don, it is scary we are on the same wave-length. So what's next:confused::biggrin:!

Thanks Jeff! I know some of the members aren't big fans of the sports blanks and I can respect that as I too don't like everything I see. It would be a boring website if we all agreed. I like them for the reaction people have when they pick one up!

Thanks for looking:peace:!

ctubbs

from K That's funny! I grew up in Indiana so for me Kentucky is a bad word (even though I am a U of L fan.....Go Cards!)

That's alright, I pronounce UK as uk! I used to root for everybody except UK. I was just seeing how long until someone beat me to death over that. By the way, a great idea and pen. Someday, just maybe someday, I'll be able to make a really good pen.

curious about the back of the pen
Hey T! The back looks just like the front. I'll have to do a 360 picture so you can check it all out. I think I may be pushing the sport limits so we will stick with basketball, baseball, football, golf, and softball for the time being. Soccor would be cool or maybe Rugby for you Kiwi's!

Rfturner

it looks great I like the way that it looks. you can very easily tell it is a basketball but it is abstract at the same time. great job

bitshird

Pretty neat pen, I'm starting to gain some appreciation for the clay, between you and Darth Tony I'm guessing I'll be trying it sooner or later, but what will I do with 3 lathes???

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well Keith, I knew there was a reason I liked you:biggrin:. How bout them CARDS!!! Also, very sweet pen.

Top Bottom