Mickey Mouse

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jallan

jallan

Well this is my second attempt at casting a watch part pen. The Pen is a Jr Gent 1 ( I like that style of pen) Tube painted black and it is cast in Alumilite clear. sanded to 24mm. 2 coats of thin CA and 10 coats of med. CA. Polished with plastix. As always all comments are welcome and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have a question, don't mean to be stoopid, why would you use CA finish on aluminite ?
Not questioning your work, I just don't understand why you wouldn't just wet sand and polish.

Brooks803

I have a question, don't mean to be stoopid, why would you use CA finish on aluminite ?
Not questioning your work, I just don't understand why you wouldn't just wet sand and polish.

Sometimes it takes much longer to get a good shine on alumilite. To fast track that you apply CA over the top.

The pen looks great. Any significance to the time on the watch face?

OZturner

Nice Pen Jerald,
Great Fit and Finish.
Though the photographs and lighting could be improved,
The First Photograph, is slightly out of focus, while the side lighting on the second has washed out the side of the dial.
IMHO, I would like to have seen some more watch parts included in the cast, so that I was to pick it up, it would hold my interest a little longer.
Brian.

Top Bottom